Improving Care for the Long Term
The Iroquois Healthcare Association (IHA) has received funding from the Mother Cabrini Health Foundation to help New York State acute healthcare workers receive comprehensive workplace and career training. This grant will allow the IHA Workforce Investment Organization (WIO) to expand upon the success of its long-term care and home care program and assist more NYS employees by offering courses specifically designed for acute care and entry level healthcare positions. IHA WIO, through its partnership with HealthStream, offers a library of quality training courses developed by subject matter experts, and a leading-edge data and analytics platform to track and measure results. It’s everything needed in one place to register learners, assess baseline skills and progress, assign online courseware, and track and record all training activities and completions.
Best of all, there is no cost for participating providers and their employees.
Simply sign up and submit a roster of students based on training goals and needs. The IHA WIO offering provides ten specialty training tracks to consider:
- Business Skills – Organization, grammar basics, business writing and introductions to performance improvement.
- Professional Development – Speaking, problem solving, fundamentals of decision making.
- Enhanced Learning Self Growth & Life Skills – Self-care and personal care, essentials of emotional intelligence, understanding grief, resilience in Healthcare.
- Communication Essentials – Essentials, perceptions, fostering a nurturing healthcare workplace, handling customer complaints, caring for clients with dementia.
- Coaching and Mentorship – Interviewing and hiring, basics of employee motivation, train the trainer.
- Teamwork – Characteristics of teamwork, value of teamwork, pros and cons of working in teams.
- Emergency Management – Active shooter, crisis intervention, using an EpiPen, First Aid, Infection prevention and control.
- Patient Care Basics – Circulatory, endocrine, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, nervous system, reproductive system, respiratory, the role of unlicensed assistive personnel, meeting basic human needs.
- Cultural Awareness – Managing unconscious bias, diversity and individual differences.
- Healthcare 101 – Medical terminology, general safety, hand hygiene, patient rights, standard precautions, intro to healthcare, role of quality and patient safety, overview of regulatory agencies and accrediting bodies.
- No Stress, No Guess Program Participation
- Mobile-Ready, User-Friendly Learning for Everyone
- Technology Resources
- Improvement You Can Track and Validate
- Reliable Reporting and Analytics
- Support Services to Help You Succeed
Training for the Care Industry
- 17,950 Long term care workers trained
- 4,493 Google Chromebooks distributed to facilitate online training
- 200+ Long term care provider partners
Caring Gene®: Caring Is Your Calling
Do you have it? That instinctive desire to want to help others? If so, you may have the Caring Gene® – which means you could be pre-qualified for a career in the CARE industry.
This innovative, multi-media recruitment campaign, brought to you by the IHA WIO, aims to increase the applicant pool for long term care career and training opportunities across New York state.
Whether you’re a provider or someone looking for a rewarding career, visit us at www.caringgene.org to learn more.