The Medicaid Redesign Waiver (MRT) makes available up to $184 million through March 2020 for initiatives to retrain, recruit and retain healthcare workers in the long–term care sector. This initiative is being referred to as the Workforce Investment Program. Your organization is eligible to participate at no financial cost.
The Iroquois Healthcare Association (IHA) is designated as the only statewide Workforce Investment Organization (WIO) by the New York State Department of Health (NYS DOH).
IHA has extensive experience with development and implementation of healthcare workforce training initiatives. With over 50 years of experience recruiting, training, and retaining healthcare workers across New York State, including long-term care, we understand the intricacies involved in developing and managing a qualified healthcare workforce. We understand that healthcare workforce shortages compromise community access to healthcare, threaten our ability to effectively manage emerging trends in healthcare delivery/payment systems (such as Value-Based Payment), and have the ability to collapse entire economies
A key component of IHA’s Workforce Development Initiatives (WDIs) is our unique and exclusive partnership with HealthStream, the leading provider of online healthcare education, serving 3.85 million healthcare professionals nationwide. Through this partnership, we are able to offer: a centralized, customized online training platform for the New York long term care and community based services industry; a library of over 1,500 online courses; and a leading-edge data and analytics platform to measure results. The IHA WDIs are able to:
- Advance long-term care/home health workforce development in New York;
- Establish a large geographic framework capable of integrating healthcare training and delivery of services;
- Create a customized curriculum based on Value-Based Payment measures;
- Provide for the use of an innovative digital platform and online educational tool.
Our integrated digital platform and comprehensive menu of offerings result in:
- An easily accessible and practical solution for healthcare workers pursuing education and meaningful employment, as well as support for those advancing their careers and overall quality of life;
- An easy-to-navigate reporting tool that can effectively measure and evaluate deliverable requirements from both DOH and other healthcare reform efforts taking place across the state.