Workforce Training Programs for Acute Care Providers
Building upon the success of the Iroquois Healthcare Association Workforce Investment Organization (IHA WIO) long-term care and home care program, IHA applied for and received funding from the Mother Cabrini Health Foundation to extend our WIO workforce training programs to now offer courses specifically designed for acute care and entry level healthcare positions in Upstate New York.
This grant provides and pays for licenses to access a bundle of HealthStream courses that were specifically curated for this grant and are not available outside of the program. The grant is designed to help hospitals and health systems train entry level health care workers by utilizing an online training program enabled through the provision of Google Chromebooks.
The grant supports the following:
- Provision of course modules specific to entry level essential hospital workers, including but not limited to, food services workers, housekeepers, maintenance and repair personnel, transporters, CNAs, unit clerks, and patient technicians.
- Establishment of a course framework that puts emphasis on:
- Improving skills necessary to complete job responsibilities at a high quality level
- Recognizing and developing strategies to deal with the challenges involved with being a front line worker both professionally and personally
- Developing soft skills such as communication, teamwork and interpersonal relations
- Providing training to assist in ascending a career ladder
- Provision of one Google Chromebook for every 10 employees enrolled in the program allowing employees to access remote learning anywhere, at any time, at their own pace.
There are no costs associated with participation in this program. The grant covers the costs of training licenses and Google Chromebooks. Participating hospitals and health systems will be asked to complete several surveys throughout the year to measure program success. Licenses will be not expire until June of 2022.
We are applying to extend the grant for another year, stay tuned for updates.
Not yet part of this program? You can sign up by submitting a letter of participation.
For additional information, please contact IHA WIO, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-348-7435.
Training for the Care Industry
- 17,950 Long term care workers trained
- 4,493 Google Chromebooks distributed to facilitate online training
- 200+ Long term care provider partners
Caring Gene®: Caring Is Your Calling
Do you have it? That instinctive desire to want to help others? If so, you may have the Caring Gene® – which means you could be pre-qualified for a career in the CARE industry.
This innovative, multi-media recruitment campaign, brought to you by the IHA WIO, aims to increase the applicant pool for long term care career and training opportunities across New York state.
Whether you’re a provider or someone looking for a rewarding career, visit us at www.caringgene.org to learn more.